Erbitux at Oasis of Hope
Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) is a receptor found on both normal and tumor cells that is important for cell growth. ERBITUX is a type of drug, called an EGFR inhibitor, used to treat cancer by blocking the activity of EGFR. Blocking EGFR may keep cancer from growing.
- EGFR is present on some cancer cells, like colorectal cancer or head and neck cancer
- EGFR is also present on normal cells like skin, nail, or hair follicles
- Laboratory studies have shown that ERBITUX does not have an effect against tumor samples that do not have EGFR
In laboratory studies, ERBITUX was shown to:
- Block the signal: ERBITUX can block one of the signals that tells a tumor cell to grow by attaching to a structure on the cell called the EGFR. This structure is found on both normal cells and tumor cells
- Trigger an immune response: ERBITUX can form a bridge between a tumor cell and an immune cell when it is attached to the EGFR on the tumor cell. As a result, the immune cell can begin a response against the tumor cell.
Q : How can I get more information about Erbitux Oasis of Hope?
A : The easiest way is to fill out the form on the right-hand side of this page screen or you can also call us free of charged at +1 619 690 8409.