Here is an important step you can take to determine whether you are overweight or not. Calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI). It is one thing for a six foot tall person to weigh 200 pounds and quite another for a five foot tall person to weigh 200 pounds. BMI is the way to figure out if you are overweight for your height.
What it works:
- People with a BMI from 18.5 to 25 are considered healthy
- People with a BMI between 25 and 30 are considered overweight with moderate health risk problems.
- People with a BMI over 30 are considered to be ay high risk
How to calculate your BMI
- Multiply your weight by 705
- Take that number and divide it by your height in inches
- Take that number and divide it by your height in inches AGAIN
Here’s an example
Height: 69 Inches
- 170*705 = 119,850
- 119,850 / 69= 1,736.9565
- 1,736.9565 / 69 = 25.17
You can also log onto http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus and calculate your BMI automatically.