Skin cancer can be prevented by practicing good protection from the sun. Clinical studies have shown that by reducing ones exposure to the sun, the incidence of skin cancer is also lower.
Here are 8 tips for skin cancer prevention:
- Avoid tanning beds.
- Take Vit D3 supplements. Around 5,000 IU a day.
- If you like the look of being tanned, consider sunless tanning products.
- Apply sunblock/sunscreen on a regular basis to exposed skin. At least 30 SPF. Don’t forget your ears, nose, and throat.
- Be sure to reapply sunblock or sunscreen after being in the water or sweating excessively. It should be applied every 2 hours.
- Wear Protective clothes if necessary, especially a hat.
- Always seek shade if it is appropriate. The suns UV says are strongest between 1o am and 4 pm.
- Be extra careful around water and snow. They both reflect the suns damaging rays.
Let us know if you have any additional tips for preventing skin cancer.