This granola is a great option for a healthy and balanced breakfast.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 2 ½ cup date syrup (see recipe)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup pecan nuts chopped
- ½ cup shredded dehydrated coconut
- ½ cup popped amaranth
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Preheat the oven at 350 ˚F and slightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a pan, toast briefly all the seeds (pumpkin seed, flax seed, black sesame seed and sunflower) until lightly brown and fragrant, set aside.
- In a bowl combine date syrup, coconut oil, almond butter and spices, stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the date mixture with the oats and all the toasted seeds, almonds, pecans, coconut and amaranth and stir to coat. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350˚F until beginning to dry, about 35-45 minutes for crunchy granola, taking it out and flipping it around every 10 minutes until dry and crunchy. Less if you like it chewy. Cool completely before storing.