Our vegan pesto sauce is so simple to make, almonds are used in place of pine nuts for a budget friendly option.
Makes: 3 cups
Serving size: 1 tbsp
- 2 ½ cups packed cilantro, including steams
- 2 ½ cups spinach
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup almonds
- ¾ cup cashews (or any other nut)
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- In a food processor or high-speed blender combine cilantro, spinach, garlic cloves, almonds, cashews, basil leaves and salt until well blended.
- Slowly add the oil with the food processor or blender running in a steady stream (add more oil if needed).