This simple sweet potato and pear soup is the perfect choice for a cold day. This soup freezes well, making it an ideal recipe to include in your meal-prep days.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cup
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 pear
- ½ white onion
- ½ leek (only the white part)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds to garnish
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into medium size cubes.
- Cut the pear, onion and leek into a medium size cubes.
- In a pot add the oil, onion, leek, ginger until the onion caramelize. Add sweet potato and pear and cook until the vegetables look golden brown.
- Add water or vegetable broth just enough to cover the ingredients, simmer for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a high-speed blender and process until creamy.
- Transfer the soup back to the pot to reheat it and season with salt.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sliced almonds.