Homemade and flavorfull, you will never want to go back to the canned stuff after you try this delicius and healthy roasted tomato and fennel soup.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cup
- 8 tomatoes
- ½ white or red onion (medium-large size)
- 1 leek (only the white part)
- 5 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of sliced fennel
- 1 celery stick
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- To garnish vegan cashew cream
- Chop the vegetables in even size pieces. Roast in the oven at 350 ˚F for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Blend all the ingredients and transfer to a pot and season with all the spices. You can also add vegetable broth if needed.
- Serve hot and garnish with the cashwe cream
Tip: if you don’t have a high-speed blender, strain the soup to remove all the seeds and then serve.
For the cashew cream:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked at least 2 hours)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutritional yeast
- Process al the ingredients in a high-speed blender or bullet until smooth.
- If you want to thinner the cream, then use up to a ¼ cup more milk.