The best ever vegan brownies recipe and they’re also high in protein. Enjoy this treat without guilt!
Makes: 8 brownies
Serving size: 1 brownie
- 2 flax eggs (4 tbsp hot water + 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds. Mix and let it set for 5 minutes to thicken)
- 1 cup any kind of flour of your choice
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 serving of vegan protein powder (we used our own brand of organic plant-based pea protein, plain flavor, but you can also use chocolate or vanilla flavor for a diferent twist)
- 1/3 cup of any nut of your choice, chopped (pecans, almonds, pistachios)
- ½ cup monk fruit
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (we use Lily´s chocolate chips)
- ½ cup date syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 °F or 175 C°.
- First you have to make the vegan eggs, (combine ground flaxseed and hot water in a small bowl and set aside to thicken).
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, cacao powder, baking powder, salt, protein powder, chopped nuts, monk fruit and chocolate chips).
- Add the flax egg, date syrup and coconut oil to the bowl and stir to combine until you get a smooth and bright batter.
- Transfer the batter to a baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before removing and cutting.