The perfect side dish to complement you holiday meals, low carb and vegan. Enjoy this vegan garlic mashed cauliflower with your loved ones.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ¼ – ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (to help with pureeing)
- Fresh parsley
- Cut cauliflower into florets and steam in a large pot with a steamer basket (covered) until very tender – about 15-20 minutes depending on size of pot and cauliflower florets. Remove from heat and set aside uncovered to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, sauté the garlic in the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until just slightly browned (be careful not to burn).
- Transfer the cauliflower, milk, garlic, salt and pepper to a high-speed blender and process until pureed, taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt and pepper to taste or almond milk to help the cauliflower purée.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.