Who doesn’t love Christmas cookies? Especially when it’s a two-ingredients recipe! enjoy this quick and simple but delicious and healthy recipe with your loved ones.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup date syrup
- Preheat oven to 250 ˚F (120 ˚C).
- Mix almond flour and date syrup until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to make rolling out easier but it’ll also work with non-chilled dough.
- Roll out dough in between two pieces of parchment paper the size of your baking sheet to about 1/4″ (0,5 cm). Remove top layer of parchment paper.
- Cut out cookies and remove excess dough in between shapes with a knife or toothpick. Or cut out the cookie and pick it up.
- Repeat the rolling out and cutting out and placing on a second baking sheet until all dough is used up. (Use leftover dough to form little balls of about 1 tsp dough and place on free space on the baking sheet).
- Bake cookies for 25-35 minutes depending on how thick you rolled them out. Keep an eye on them, almond flour burns easily.
- Remove from the oven, lift the parchment paper on the edges and place all the cookies on a cooling rack. Let cool completely. Then store in an airtight container.
- For more flavor, you can also add a dash of cinnamon powder, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the cookie dough before cutting and baking the cookies.