You can buy hummus everywhere, but have you ever try making it yourself? You won’t believe how delicious this homemade avocado hummus is.
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 ½ tbsp avocado oil (we use the one from “Chosen Foods”)
- 1-2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 lime (only juice)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes or greens such as, arugula or edible flower mix (optional, for decoration)
- Add chickpeas, avocado and cilantro to food processor (put a small handful of chickpeas aside for decoration).
- Add avocado oil, pink Himalayan salt, lime juice and water to food processor and process until super smooth. Give it a try and adjust salt content to your liking.
- Serve on a plate, and decorate with greens and whole chickpeas, drizzle avocado oil over everything and sprinkle chipotle chili powder on top.
You can make this hummus in a food processor or blender. The food processor will give you a slightly textured hummus, while a high-speed blender will give you the smoothest results.
Before cooking the chickpeas, soak them overnight, then trhow away the soaking water and cook them in new fresh water. This will short the cooking thime and reduce the gas producing effects.