This carrot and saffron creamy soup with protein is a vegan, simple and healthy recipe. Enjoy it hot for lunch or dinner!
Makes: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 1/2 cup
- 8 carrots
- ¼ Onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cups of water, vegetable broth or coconut milk (if you want your soup more creamy, we recommend you to use coconut milk)
- ¼ cup of cashews (we used ulsalted cashews)
- 1 pinch of saffron (3-8 strands, optional)
- 1-2 servings of plant-based protein powder plain flavor (by oasis of hope)
- Salt to taste (we used kosher salt)
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut the carrots and onions in half-moons; add them to a pot with the tablespoon of avocado oil and sauté.
- Once the onions are starting to turn transparent add the garlic and mix everything.
- Add enough water to just cover up the veggies, add saffron and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to the blender and add cashews. Blend until smooth.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot with your favorite garnish.