Try this super healthy and low carb valentine’s cookies with your love ones! They are delicious and fill with love!
For the cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp granulated monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix ground flax seeds and water let it set 5 minutes.
- Whisk together with almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sweetener and coconut oil, with a rubber spatula mix in the flax and water mixture.
- Form a ball of dough, wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and set aside in fridge for at least one hour.
- Using parchment paper roll the dough until it is about 1/4’” thick punch out circles with a cookie cutter then transfer each cookie to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, cookies will be lightly golden around the edges when they are finished, leave it on the parchment paper, cookies will harden as they cool.
- Once the cookies are cool, fill them with the berry jam (it could be like a sandwich or only one single cookie with berry jam on top)
For the filling
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a small saucepan over medium heat mash berries with a crusher, let cook for 5-10 minutes this will thicken the mixture set aside until you need it to fill cookies.