This vegan cheesecake with apple sauce is not only delicious, is more than close to the “real” cheesecake. Is the perfect dessert to share with your family and friends.
For the crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 tbsp rice flour
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp water
- To make the flax eggs, add 2 tbsp ground flax seeds to a small bowl with 6 tablespoons of water and mix. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Process all ingredients for the pie crust in a food processor until the dough crumbles but holds together.
- Press the pie crust into the bottom of your desire pan and set aside.
For the apple filling
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup water
- 7 tbsp Monk Fruit
- 3 ½ tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Add all ingredients (except the diced apples) to a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the diced apples and simmer for about 4-5 minutes at 350 °F (175 °C) stirring occasionally. Set aside.
For the cheesecake
- 150 grs tofu squeeze the tofu with a cheesecloth
- 2/3 cups soak cashews (for at least 30 minutes)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup Monk Fruit
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the vegan cheesecake layer, simply process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until completely smooth, creamy, and lump-free. Pour the cheesecake cream into the pie crust and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cheesecake in the oven for 45 minutes, then turn off the oven. Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature and cover with the apple filling.
Note: If you are using a bigger or smaller springform you will need to adjust the baking time, the center of the cake will still be jiggly is normal though. It will set later in the refrigerator.