Having a friend’s get together and want to have some burgers? You’ll like these better than meat!
- 1 ½ cup of cooked black beans, drained and pureed or mashed
- 1 ½ cup of cooked lentils, drain and pureed or mashed
- 1 cup of oatmeal flour (ground oatmeal)
- ¼ cup of ground pecans
- ¾ cup of rolled or old fashion oatmeal
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced carrot
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients together until well combine, reserve the oatmeal flour.
- Add little by little the oatmeal flour until you get a consistency that allows you to form a patty.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side with a little sunflower oil to have a golden and crispy finish. Serve on top of romaine lettuce with cashew dressing or tomato
Tip: Sautee the veggies before adding them to the mix for a richer flavor.